Solemn Mass, Dominican Rite, Holy Cross Priory, Leicester, 10 September 2011
What does the Latin Mass Society do?
· It promotes the public and frequent celebration of Holy Mass and liturgical offices and services in the rites codified by the Council of Trent. It does this through high profile events, such as the Annual High Mass and national pilgrimages to Walsingham and Holywell, and through a network of diocesan and local representatives throughout England and Wales, who arrange services in their own areas.
· It encourages the study, appreciation and use of the traditional music of the church, and especially of Gregorian Chant. The Society has recently established the Gregorian Chant Network in association with other groups who are interested in chant - see www.gregorianchantnetwork.org
· It organises conferences and seminars for the training of clergy wishing to learn how to celebrate Mass in the traditional rite. Nine conferences have already been held, and further events are planned.
· It provides financial support to seminarians training in traditional seminaries, and priests from traditional orders working in England and Wales.
· It publishes a quarterly magazine, Mass of Ages, which is distributed free of charge to members and to all the Bishops of England and Wales, and is sold in religious bookshops up and down the country.
· It maintains a website as a valuable source of information not only for members but for all those worldwide who are interested in the traditional liturgy of the Church.
· It maintains a permanent staff in an office in central London, which oversees the Society’s work and deals with queries from all over the world concerning the traditional liturgy.
It administers the Sodality of St Augustine of Hippo for the conversion of lapsed Catholics and others.
Further information and application forms are available from:
The Latin Mass Society, 11 - 13 Macklin Street, London, WC2B 5NH Tel: 0207 404 7284
Your Local Representative
Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire
Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland